27 Apr Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Here’s an apple cinnamon muffin that will pair perfectly with your tea or coffee for those afternoon spring siestas!
- 1 large Fuji apple, diced small
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/3 cup coconut, vegetable, or canola oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- pinch of turbinado sugar and cinnamon for sprinkling
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups of the diced apples + 1 tsp cinnamon + 1 tbsp all-purpose flour until coated. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400F and grease or sprat a non-stick muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Then add sugar + almond milk + oil + vanilla + cinnamon + nutmeg, whisk until combined.
- Add flour + baking powder + salt and stir until combined into a thick batter, be careful not to over-mix. Then, fold in the apples.
- Divide the batter equally in the muffin pan.
- Use the rest of the apple chunks and a pinch of turbinado sugar and cinnamon as toppings.
- Bake for 18 minutes, or until the tops are puffed. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the middle of a muffin and if it comes out clean, the muffins are ready.
- Allow muffins to cool for about 10-15 minutes before placing them on a cooling rack.
Enjoy! Recipe adapted from Averie Cooks.SEARCH HOMES ABOUT NYCHOLE